The Kemp Group
) focuses on accounting and financial positions because that is what we know best. Founded by a CPA, we have built a team of experienced search consultants comprised of current and former CPAs, controllers, cost accountants, credit managers, accounting managers, tax managers and big 4 auditors.
The Kemp Group is currently working with an established retail client to fill an SEC Reporting Manager position located near Ithaka NY. Our client is looking for an experienced analyst to join their world-class finance team. The position has the following responsibilities:
- Develop sophisticated financial models and analysis with a focus on the valuation of both public and private companies.
- Prepare the Forms 10-Q and10-K for Belk’s quarterly SEC filings, including obtaining information from numerous internal sources
- Coordinate items related to the SOX process at Belk including internal audit reviews, internal self-assessments of controls and internal certifications from key employees and senior management.
- Review summarized monthly balance sheet and cash flow statement as well as research variances and provide summary to supervisor.
- Perform technical accounting research on issues and prepare accounting position papers to document appropriate accounting treatment.
- Prepare materials for use at the quarterly audit committee meeting, including obtaining information from multiple sources, such as external auditors, legal, tax, and internal audit management.
- • Coordinate with the external auditors all items needed for their quarterly reviews as well as the annual audit. Will serve as the primarily liaison with the audit team.
- Prepare and review quarterly forecasted and actual press release information
- Coordinate quarterly significant accounting adjustments summary and support for review by CFO
- Record or review limited journal entries related to SEC reporting issues as well as review of quarterly account reconciliations/rollforwards.
- Four year degree – Accounting or Business with Accounting Concentration.
- 5-7 years accounting work experience (preferred)
- Public accounting experience (required)
- CPA (preferred)
- Supervisory experience (required)