The Kemp Group
) focuses on accounting and financial positions because that is what we know best. Founded by a CPA, we have built a team of experienced search consultants comprised of current and former CPAs, controllers, cost accountants, credit managers, accounting managers, tax managers and big 4 auditors.
The Kemp Group is currently working with a manufacturing client to fill a Business Unit Controller position located in Atlanta GA.. The position has the following responsibilities:
- Assure compliance and enforcement of specific finance directives and instructions, including the Group Accounting and Reporting Guidelines
- Identify risks and assure proper risk management procedures including SOX controls area adequate and effective
- Direct and support strategic planning and implementation of agreed to programs and plans
- Direct and support budgeting and implementation of agreed to programs and plans to achieve these budgets
- Direct and support financial analysis and forecasting to provide management information, then follow with direct actions and provide tools that facilitate implementation of actions to achieve performances as planned
- Serve as a Consultant and Advisor to General Manager and Management Team Members
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs), and assure implementation and use to improve business performance
- Perform analysis and reviews of proposals, performances, and actions within the business unit, and recommend next steps
- Evaluate and follow-up investment, divestment, and restructuring projects
- Assure proper financial reporting as required for the business
- Push continuous improvements and cost reductions
- Ensure coordination and cooperation with shared service centers
- Supervise financial staff.
- Follow rules in accordance with company code of conduct.
- Able to travel 5-10%
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting/finance or related field is required. MBA or Master of Accountancy preferred. Professional certifications such as CPA, CMA and/or CPIM are also preferred.
- Over 10 years of finance/accounting operational experience (or equivalent) in multi-function units or multinational company
- This position requires a broad knowledge of diverse financial functions in an engineering manufacturing company and general business.
- The complex financial and related responsibilities of this position require exceptional analytical, decision making and planning skills plus the ability to be strategic leader and innovator.
- Proven ability to work at a high degree of teamwork and group synergy.