The Kemp Group
) focuses on accounting and financial positions because that is what we know best. Founded by a CPA, we have built a team of experienced search consultants comprised of current and former CPAs, controllers, cost accountants, credit managers, accounting managers, tax managers and big 4 auditors.
The Kemp Group is currently working with a manufacturing client to fill a Division Financial Reporting Manager position located just north of Charlotte, NC. The position has the following responsibilities:
- Manage monthly and quarterly closing and reporting for the global division – coordinating activities across the finance teams, addressing issues that arise, and ensuring execution of a timely close and accurate financials.
- Leads identification and implementation of process improvements to the closing cycle with the aims to reduce cycle time, improve execution, and continuously tighten controls.
- Manages compliance activities including acting as the audit liaison, managing the DLMC process, providing coaching and direction on SOX, managing Fixed Asset Audits, managing Health-Check audits and internal control audits, and maintaining Inter-Company policy compliance.
- Act as direct liaison to corporate accounting, providing recommendations on development of accounting policies and driving implementation of policy across the Finance team. Ensures compliance with internal controls, GAAP and Corporate Financial policies.
- Manages and leads ongoing and new projects such as IC OOB remediation, Stat Account correction and training, SAP SOD project, GR/IR cycle time improvement, reporting package development, and Internal BU Mergers and Carve Outs.
- Provides leadership on M&A integration efforts to ensure smooth incorporation into the closing and control processes. Works directly with or as part of M&A integration teams to build and implement reporting plan.
- Lead a team of employees by providing direction, oversight, coaching, and development opportunities.
- Performs monthly/quarterly reviews of financial reports and supporting documentation and has oversight for legal entity tasks including account reconciliations.
- Builds new and monitors/maintains existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for closing, reconciliation/task items and other general departmental accounting tasks
- May support other ad hoc projects in various leadership or support capacities. May work across multiple divisions to develop best practice processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar; MBA preferred
- 7 or more years of experience
- CPA or other certification very strongly preferred.
- Prefer a combination of Big 4 Accounting experience along with private industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of financial, manufacturing, and management accounting to include systems, compliance, and legal entity reporting requirements.